This past week has been a tough one for this little sweet heart. It started last weekend when I thought that Annie was constipated. She kept acting like she was pushing, but didn't have any dirty diapers. Then she quit wanting to eat... I thought it was because she had a full tummy that she couldn't empty. We kept an eye on her, kept trying to massage her tummy and giving her warm baths- nothing helped. Then she woke up on Tuesday with a fever. Yikes. Her dr was out of town.... I called around and no one could fit her in. I was getting super worried. So, I finally took her to the hospital. By the time we got to the hospital, she was very lethargic and burning up. I was thankful to be there. They immediately realized that she was severely dehydrated and tried to find a vein to get an IV going to get some fluids in her. It took several attempts by several nurses before they finally got a vein in her ankle! Poor girl has 6 bruises on her body from attempted IV's! They did Xrays, blood tests (after waiting all day for her IV to get some fluids in her, her blood was so thick when they originally got the IV in that it would clot before they could even get one little drop- so sad)! So, here we are, almost a week later and she is finally, today, starting to feel better. WE are thankful that her doctor was out of town and that we had to take her to the hospital.... she was so sick that she needed to be there. She is such a sweet little spirit and we love having her in our home!! Although we have a few more tests to endure to find out why her little body got a UTI, she is on the mend and I am glad she is feeling better.



No comments:
Post a Comment