Annie is my joy. I cannot believe that two years have passed since the day she was placed into my arms. This post is a month (or two) late, we have had a very busy summer- but I have been thinking a lot about her second birthday and the miracle that she is in our lives. I remember getting the call at 2:17am on May30, 2013. I was awoken out of a deep sleep and answer the phone to a scream "AAAAARGHHHH"- and then her birth mom told me she was in labor and the ambulance was coming to take her to the hospital, how fast could I get there? The hospital was 8 hours away and I had 5 little kids at home and a husband who had to work. I left it all, called my mom- who was able to fly to my house that morning- and jumped in the car. I made it to the hospital in record time, arriving at 9am, just 2 and a half hours after her birth. I was so excited to hold her and love her. I walked into the hospital room and picked her up. I didn't put her down again until I put her in the car seat to drive her home. She is our miracle. And I was immediately in love with her. She was so peaceful and sweet. She has brought so much joy into our lives. She has this amazing smile that just lights up the room. And my heart. Annie is a girly girl- she LOVES accessories! She loves purses and glasses and headbands and shoes and tutu's. She loves lotion and make up and bows and baby dolls. She can talk and talk and talk, and she does a really good job. She has been speaking in complete sentences for a while now and loves to make sure you are listening to her by putting both of her little hands on your cheeks and turning your head straight toward her- she will look you in the eye until you repeat what she has told you, making sure you understand EXACTLY what she wants. She loves her binky and blanky. They go everywhere with us. When I have to wash her blanket she goes to the washer and dryer every 5 minutes to look at it and see if it is done. She is a binky connoisseur... She will look at all her binky's and decide which one she will use at that moment. Very particular about her binky's. She loves her sleep. She will come up and tell you it's time for bed if I'm even a minute past her bedtime. She is a true water baby. She loves water and will take 3-4 baths every day. She jumps into the water at every opportunity. She loves boating. She will ask to go on the boat every day... luckily her daddy and brothers and sisters love it too... so she gets to go A LOT! She is quite the little dancer. She will boogey any time she hears any kind of music. She will sing along, too- which I think is darling. She loves to read, but ONLY books about animals. She is obsessed with animals. The kids are going to a camp at a farm this summer and every day Annie gets out of the car to go talk with all the animals- she cries when we leave them and comes home and pulls out all books with animals and looks at them over and over again until we can go pick up the kids and see all the animals, again. Every morning when she wakes up she wants graham crackers and milk. She loves to dip her crackers in her milk. It is so fun to see her acting so grown up. There are so many good and wonderful things about our little Annie, but the best thing about her is that she is ours. We love her and her smile is infectious. She is a wonderful daughter and sister. WE love you, Annie.
Friday, July 10, 2015
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Bobcat Belles, Senior Year
This is Gloria’s senior year and last year on the Belle’s. I am so impressed with her and her dedication to this team. She is an amazing ...
-
We were able to visit some family during our 2 week trip to California this Summer. We were able to visit my niece and her two children. ...
-
She is Here!! We are so excited to welcome little Olivia into our family. She is such a sweetie. She weighed 6' 14 ounces and was born y...
-
Hello everyone, I want to let you know that in a few weeks I am going to be allowing only invited users to view my blog. Travis and I have c...


















1 comment:
I totally forgot that your daughter's name is Annie! (Mine too :)
She is darling!!
Post a Comment