When vacuuming out my car in the front yard.... pack a gun!!! Or else you could look up and find a deer only a few feet away from you, apparently interested in the vacuum. You could be freaked out because you left the front door wide open and your daughter is sitting there asking if she can pet the deer. You could be worried that the deer will jump into the car with you, but afraid to run to the front door for fear the deer will follow you into the house. You might have to hold up the vacuum hose and point it at the deer in hopes that the deer will be afraid, or finally think to call for the dog who will start barking and chasing the deer off. And then you would have to quit vacuuming the car before you are done because you are so scared that the deer went to tell it's other friends about the free vacuuming show.
So, note to self, if you choose to ever vacuum out the car in the front yard again because the garage is full of boxes... pack a gun!
PS: Arent' there some scary books about deer that my kids should be reading so that they don't want to PET the deer? Books that paint deer in a bad light? Nothing like Bambi... no we want the truthful stories that will cause nightmares so that they won't ask to PET the deer again!
Is there a book out there called "Deer gone wild and the lives they have destroyed"? There should be.
Monday, April 20, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Bobcat Belles, Senior Year
This is Gloria’s senior year and last year on the Belle’s. I am so impressed with her and her dedication to this team. She is an amazing ...
-
We were able to visit some family during our 2 week trip to California this Summer. We were able to visit my niece and her two children. ...
-
She is Here!! We are so excited to welcome little Olivia into our family. She is such a sweetie. She weighed 6' 14 ounces and was born y...
-
Hello everyone, I want to let you know that in a few weeks I am going to be allowing only invited users to view my blog. Travis and I have c...
4 comments:
Ummm...deer are pretty harmless. I've never heard of anyone being mauled by Bambi.
Okay that was funny for me... scary for you. If you find one of those scary deer books let me know.ha ha ha Tanner would never want to pet the deer, what if it had some sort of disease mom, sheesh! Thanks for the boot camp info. I'd be glad for whatever you send me. I keep doing the same old stuff and feel like I'm an old rusty worn out aerobics instuctor. . . your kids are getting so big! When are you comming to Ohio to visit? We'll have to see our way out west some time soon. Tanner still talks of marrying Gloria. I wonder how long until he forgets? .. . :o)
Well, I hope that Tanner doesn't forget anytime soon because Gloria doesn't forget. She tells EVERYONE that she is marrying a boy named Tanner in Ohio!!
Roy... apparently you haven't heard the attacking deer stories- they are out there and they are true!! I swear!
They are more afraid of you then you are of them.......Now if a cougar wanders into the yard........
Post a Comment