Monday, October 19, 2009

Books books books!

So..... I really, REALLY enjoy curling up on the couch each night with a good book and reading for a few hours. I just finished the book "Eragon" this morning around 1:15am. It is a really enjoyable and easy read. However, during the day while I am ironing, mopping, driving, cooking, running or doing any number of other tasks, I clip on my ipod and listen to other books. I am almost finished with this one....
"In Defense of Food". I am thoroughly enjoying it and my family is now drinking WHOLE milk exclusively. Yummy. I would recommend this book to EVERYONE. Even my husband is reading it and is enjoying it as much as I am. Super good. Read it. Do it. You will be happy you did. I have also started a book called "Half the Sky". It is an enlightening book, so far. But I have only just begun... I will let you know what I think when I get a little more read. I am also excited to start reading "Eldest" the sequel to "Eragon". Does anyone else ever get in these moods where you feel the need to read every spare minute and the household chores seem unimportant in comparison to what happens next in your book? I am very thankful for downloadable books, as about half of my books are actually listened to now- on the treadmill, in the car, at the grocery store... But still, nothing beats actually cozying up with a real book on the couch and reading late into the night.... my idea of a fun!

3 comments:

Heather A said...

I love to read too and have had the problem before of not getting anything done around the house when I'm reading a good book. I try not to read until evening time so I won't get sucked in! Have fun!

Sonja said...

Good idea--I had forgotten about the book on tape possibilities. We've also switched to whole milk and it is yummy. I need to read the book because I don't have educated reasons to defend my choice.

Janene said...

its been so long since I've peeked here! I have on my list his "Omnivore's Dilemna" and I'm afraid it might revolutionalize the way we eat around here.

You should join goodreads. You can squeeze that in between the ironing, cleaning, and carpooling, right? :o)

Bobcat Belles, Senior Year

This is Gloria’s senior year and last year on the Belle’s. I am so impressed with her and her dedication to this team. She is an amazing ...