What does flooding have to do with Bass Lake? Well, let me tell you!
Last June our house flooded. Yes it did. Ceilings and floor boards and carpets and molding was ripped out. Leaving our house a mess. We have put off having the repairs fixed this summer because we have not been home very much. So, the "fix-it guys" came on Monday and started the repair work. What a relief. By Tuesday morning they had painted and sanded and were ready to put the molding back around the floor. YEAH!! They put the molding on and then took a break for lunch. (they were also replacing 3 of our toilets, so we had only 1 working toilet- and that was one of the old ones). So, the kids and I were coloring at the table in the kitchen. After an hour (roughly) I got up to start preparing their lunch. As I walked past the hall way, I gasped!!!! My hall way looked like a swimming pool, and so did my bedroom, bathroom , and livee's room. Yes.... our house flooded, again!!! The one toilet that had not been replaced malfunctioned!!! Needless to say, I was close to tears and had to leave... ASAP! We took off to a hotel at Bass Lake (where my 2 super cute cousins happened to be camping- we love them and we wish that one of them would consider coming to live with us to be our nanny, they are THAT great). We took our boat and docked it so we could enjoy our time away from home. We met up with our cousins (who were there with their "other" cousins) and had a great time with them!!! So, we made the best of a bad situation.... and we love Bass Lake!!!
1 comment:
So sad! I hope your house ends up beautiful and that you had a wonderful trip to get out of the flood!
Post a Comment