




We just got back from a week (almost) of camping at Trial Lake with my family. We had such a great time, despite the freezing cold weather and almost constant rain. There was a lot of mud and water- but we had so much fun. We got to the Lake last Monday, after driving all night from California to Utah. My mom watched the kids for a few hours so Travis and I could catch up on sleep. It was a nice treat to catch up on some much needed "Z's". It gave us some energy to enjoy that first day. We had 5 families there and 2 campers. We all set up right next to each other so we could run from tent to camper to lake and back as often as we liked. The kids fished and fished and fished and fished the entire time. They were thankfully into "catch and release" as they each caught around 20 each day. We only ended up cooking 3 of them to eat. The rest were released and probably caught again by another one of the cousins. We did some hiking while we were there. Wall Lake, Cliff Lake, Lilly Pad Lake, Crystal Lake and I know there were some more that I am missing. Cami insisted on wearing a camel back water pack through the whole hike and loved it. She had a smile on her face the whole time. She is my food girl. She loves food and drink near her at all times. Livee got sick one whole day and night. And it rained non-stop. But other than that, the trip was a huge success!! AFter we left Trial Lake, Travis and the kids and I went to our cabin to put up new siding and do some paining and construction. I forgot to take pictures, but it is coming along nicely. Then on Saturday we stopped at my parents house for a family reunion with my moms side of the family. It was great to see a lot of family that I have not seen in so long. I wish I had taken pictures. It was a fun week and we are glad to be home (thanks to aunt Michelle for keeping my kids up all friday night so that they slept so well all the way home last night!!).
No comments:
Post a Comment