Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Craft and Swim Camp





The last week before school started I hosted a day of crafts at my house for my kids and their crafty friends. I was inspired by an advertisement I saw during the summer for "Pump it Up". They had an artist-bounce camp during the summer that looked like so much fun! The day consisted of snack-bounce-paint. Snack-bounce-paint. Lunch-bounce-paint. And I immediately recognized it as a winning idea. We had a super busy Summer and I waited and waited all summer long to put my idea of crafts and swimming and snacks into my day camp. We finally pulled it off just 3 days before school started. It was a huge success. I loved it. The kids loved it. The parents loved having a day to get things ready for school while I had their kids. It was a big hit with everyone. I basically followed the same routine as the pump-it-up camp. We started with a craft, snack, then swim. lunch, snack, swim, craft, snack. The kids all made these darling paper tote bag's for their new teachers, they also decorated mini-note books and pencils to go in them. We decorated some large notebooks for ourselves and finally we decorated some little tins for ourselves. The kids all loved showing up the first day of school with special things for their teachers. It was a huge success and one that I would love to do on a weekly basis next summer, if we aren't so busy. I wanted to add cooking lessons into the mix and sewing lessons and gardening..... there never seems to be enough time!!

4 comments:

Tif said...

What a fun idea! You are amazing!

Janene said...

this post makes me tired. :o)

Shelly Murphy said...

Ditto both Tif and Janene.

Harada's said...

So fun!! Your such a good and BUSY momma! =)

Bobcat Belles, Senior Year

This is Gloria’s senior year and last year on the Belle’s. I am so impressed with her and her dedication to this team. She is an amazing ...