Thursday, March 31, 2016

Goodbye California, Hello Texas!

Well, we did it!  It was crazy and hectic and felt like a whirlwind.... but we did it. We are in Texas and we LOVE it here. It has been a crazy ride.  We left California on Friday February 26th. We packed everything up and UPack came to pick up the trucks on Friday morning. We said goodbye to our house.... mostly it was me. Alone. Saying my goodbye to our home that I loved. Travis and my parents and the 2 littlest kids headed to Coarsegold to drop off a trailer while I finished up at the house. As I left I stopped and just told my house "thankyou". Thanks for being a home that our kids were safe and warm in. Thanks for the good times and the bad. For the memories that will forever be linked to that house. I love that house and will miss it. Then, we went to the school and picked up the kids. Hard. So hard. The kids were in tears and missing their friends already. We loved our time there and it was sad to see it come to an end. We had to wait an extra hour for Grayson to get home from a field trip. He had been gone that week with his class. When he got back to school we loaded all the kids into the van with Grandma and Grandpa and we said our VERY tearful goodbye's. The kids were a mess and sad to be leaving friends and the place they had grown up in. My parents drove the kids to Utah. Travis and I took the cars and the dogs and drove to Texas.  The kids enjoyed their week in Utah. Meanwhile, Travis and I got to Texas, got a few errands done (registering cars, drivers license, schools, etc.) and then 2 days later we jumped on a plane and flew to Vegas for a conference.  Then, 4 days later, we flew to Utah. visited family and then flew the family to Texas. We arrived with a storm. It was rainy and wet and there were tornado warnings and, on top of it all, we forgot to turn on the  electricity and so we were moving in during storms and thunder and lightening... in the dark!  So, it was a rough first week.... but after that it has gotten better and better and better. We are in love with Texas, so far. It is a good change. There is so much more to write about, but I am BEAT! I'm moving boxes, watching kids and running a house while my husband is busy starting a new dental practice. We are exhausted, but in a good way. Talk to you later, Y'All!!!


No comments:

Bobcat Belles, Senior Year

This is Gloria’s senior year and last year on the Belle’s. I am so impressed with her and her dedication to this team. She is an amazing ...