Friday, May 16, 2008

we are moving

so..... we are moving! life has been so hectic and just a whilwind these past few month. my husband bought a practice in warm california ( i am soooo cold in ohio) and we heading out in a few weeks. we sold our home (thank goodness, what a stress- having a clean home 24 hours a day with 3 kids was certainly a challenge and we strived to be away from home as often as possible so as not to mess things us). we found a rental home in cali (we went out to look at homes and possibly purchase one, but the homes in our price range were smaller than the one we are in now and i couldn't justify spending that much money on a home that i don't like- plus who wants to have to try to sell in a few years, i would rather rent and walk away without any worries). we found a moving company- we found quite a few, actually but we have finally chosen one and we are pretty sure that we are sticking with it. i have a few boxes (well, 20- is that enough to pack up my entire house?). we have not packed any boxes, we still have 2 weeks- do we need to start soon? I think we will wait until we have only 1 week left, maybe the last 3 days we will spend packing. our families are coming out and so we will have help. we fixed the A/C on our vehicle, so driving 2000 miles with 3 young kids and one pregnant momma should be much more comfortable. travis passed his boards, finished his requirements, passed his liscensure test and is ready to officially check out of school in a few days!!! Hopefully i will be released from my calling at church as i only have 2 sundays left and i have been sooooo busy!! I enjoy serving with the kids- so it is with mixed feelings that i want to be released, but i have felt as though my life has been endlessly spinning out of control these past few weeks and i don't think that i can remember a day in the past month that i have not broken down crying ( i blame part of this on pregnancy, but even when i am pregnant i have to have reasons to cry... i don't do it for no reason). I have been in charge of all of the scouts this past month as we have had no den monther, no cub master.... nothing. so, i have been planning and executing the meetings with all of the scouts- wolf and bear- and joining the 2 groups together and trying to pass off requirements for both groups in each meeting. so- add that to being primary president with teachers disappearing every minute and the nursery is out of controll and scouts and moving and my best friend had her toe amputated and i have been helping her with her kids and doing school with my kids and hers- and working out and my other friend having had surgery and my other good friend moved last week..... it has been a little bit hard. but i have been praying for strength to not have a pity party for myself and to just embrace this craziness and enjoy the moments that we have here. for the most part it has worked- and it helps so much just to vent to no one but this blog and just feel justified for feeling over whelmed and like the world expects too much of me!! I love life- I love my life. I love my family and I am sooooooooooo blessed to have such a wonderful husband and such wonderful kids. i feel like heavenly father has given me so much- we sold our home- we are healthy (none of us have had our toes amputated or anything!!) we are moving to a great state and we will be closer to family- my husband will be DONE WITH SCHOOL- for the FIRST TIME in our almost 8 years of marriage!!! I keep trying to imaging what life will be like with no homework- no school, just a set schedule and $$$$ ( I am especially thankful for the $$ part). I feel like we are growing up. I have the best friends I could ask for, I don't know how I am going to live my life without them. they are an every day part of my life and I love them and their kids. they are my ohio family and i will forever be gratefule for the time i have had to get to know them and their families. i will be losing a part of me when I leave my friends here. there is a song in the musical "Wicked" that goes like this...
"I've heard it said, that people come into our lives for a reason- bringing something with them we must learn and we are led to those who will help us most to grow if we let them, and we help them in return.
Well I don't know if I believe that's true, but I know I'm who I am today because I knew you. Like a comet pulled from orbit as it passes a sun. Like a stream that meets a bolder halfway through the woods. Well I don't know if I've been changed for the better- because I knew you, I have been changed for good.
It well may be, that we may never meet again in this lifetime, so let say before we part, so much of me has come from knowing you- you'll be with me, like a handprint on my heart."

Anyway, i am sure that i put that out of order- but you get my jist. my friends are a part of me and they have helped to mold me into what i am today.

I have so much to be thankful for. the littlest kendall looks healthy and strong and we are just so happy. so if I complained a bit- know that i know that i have so many blessings, sometimes i just need to vent a bit. but no one will be reading this- usually- so i think that my pity party will not be witnessed by many , if any!!!

we are moving! we are excited!! we are the kendalls!

1 comment:

Harada's said...

Ha! I found your blog =) I see that the last post before this one was like 7 months ago! Well I think you will have to update it a little more often when you leave so we know what you guys are up to.
Really bring your kids over when your packing up or loading your pod. I want to help you out in some way. So please let me know what I can do to help you guys.
We sure are going to miss you all!

Bobcat Belles, Senior Year

This is Gloria’s senior year and last year on the Belle’s. I am so impressed with her and her dedication to this team. She is an amazing ...