Sunday, March 15, 2009

4 months!



I was telling Travis today that our little angel is getting her first tooth and that she is going to be our earliest at 3 months old- he said, no- she is 4 months. I said, no-no-no! She is only 3 1/2 months! Well, he proved me wrong. She will be 4 months old in a few day. Wow!! Time is flying!

Our little 4 month old now weighs 12 pounds.
She is super calm and happy. She is a joy.
She loves her family. She loves to be cuddled and held and hugged by her family.
She loves to laugh. The girl can giggle!! She is super giggly and very smiley. Everyone just loves to talk to her because she responds with so many smiles and coos.
She loves to sing! If you start to sing to her, she joins right in. She comes with me to primary each week, and when the kids start their singing time she joins right in.
She doesn't really care for baby toys. She thumbs her nose at them a bit. I think with time this may change, but right now she really gets upset if we try to give them to her.
She is my first baby to NOT LIKE green beans. Green beans have always been a sure thing as a first food with my babies, but not her. She doesn't like the beans or rice cereal! She does like squash and prunes. A lot!
She is super social, but she has a very tender heart. If she gets suprised or hears loud noises she cries until someone cuddles her and reassures her in a calm voice that everything is ok.
I have written songs for each of my children when they were born. I add on to them as they grow to keep them personalized. The kids have been asking me to write Olivia's song since she was born, so this week I let the kids help me write the first verse of her song. It was the first time I have let the kids help, but they loved helping and it will really let her know that her whole family loves her so much.
Olivia is super forgiving... when she gets shots, accidentally stepped on, poked in the eye, or any other accident that happens to her atleast 5 times a day, she will cry only until she is picked up and cuddled and then she stops, smiles, and lets you know that all is forgiven!
She rolls over, but every time she gets so startled she cries until I come and tell her that it's ok!! After 20 or 30 seconds she will calm down, but in the mean time, every time she rolls over I have to go and comfort her.
She is totally bald... a fact that I pointed out to Travis the other day and he said, that's ok! She has a great disposition, and I like cheery dispositions more than I like hair!
She is so easy going and goes with the flow. She adapts easily to situations.
Olivia is a real joy to have around. We are thankful that she is a part of our family.

4 comments:

Kellie said...

Thanks for sharing about Livvy, it makes me feel like I know her a little! I can't believe she's 4 months! It all goes so quickly...

Jen said...

Wow! 4 months already- she's sooo cute! I didn't realize song-writer is one of your many talents. I'd love to hear the songs sometime!

Harada's said...

Time goes by so fast! Its fun to hear about your litle girl. She sure is so cute and precious!

Janene said...

way to write it all down! You're doing great, and she sounds like a dream baby.

Bobcat Belles, Senior Year

This is Gloria’s senior year and last year on the Belle’s. I am so impressed with her and her dedication to this team. She is an amazing ...