Friday, August 21, 2009

Happy Birthday, Baby!!

Isn't he handsome, folks? I am one lucky lady.



This past week, my wonderful Husband had a birthday. We had one heck of a celebration for him. On Friday we got a sitter (2, actually) for the kids and we WENT OUT! We went to this Chic little Sushi bar. It was totally trendy and hip. There were chains hung from the ceiling, white flowing material and lights everywhere. It was awesome. We had a small group of friends with us (well, 14) and we had a great time. I am not the biggest fan of sushi- but hey, it wasn't my birthday, now was it? So, we got the "all you can eat sushi" and we went all out. I even tried a few things like eel that I normally wouldn't try. But it was my hubby's birthday and it made him so happy to stuff things that I don't normally care for in my face. I did put my foot down when it came to the salmon eggs... I mean, YUCK!! It was a fun night and we had a great time! Then on Saturday we had a pool party and barbecue with friends at the house. The kids had a great time with dad and our friends. On Sunday we took a day off from celebrating. Then on Monday, his ACTUAL birthday, we went out to lunch with his staff- they made him a cake, also. We went on a birthday hike and swim also. So we had 3 fun days of celebrations. He deserved them.
Here are the top 20 things that I have learned about my hubby in the past 9 years:
1. He is a great father.
2. He is a great husband.
3. He is a wonderful son.
4. He is a super brother.
5. He is a good looking- does this count? I mean, I didn't have to learn this about him... I just knew it from the first moment that I laid eyes on him... He is HOT).
6. He is happy almost all the time. (even in the morning)
7. He believes in me all the time.
8. He encourages the kids and believes in them.
9. He is a motivator.
10. He is a great communicator... if you ask him the right questions- just kidding, he really is.
11. He is funny. (looking... hahaha, that was for you, sweetie)
12. He is considerate and kind.
13. He is brave- especially when I need him to come out to the car when I get home late at night because I am too scared to walk in alone.
14. He is thoughtful.
15. He is a little too much of a thrill seeker, at times (in my opinion.. you know what I mean honey... slow down on the dang quads).
16. He is a researcher. (he knows what I mean, it never stops)
17. He loves the Savior.
18. He LOVES his mamma (his pappa too, but he is a classic "momma's boy").
19. He is a planner.
20. He is trusting.. he would rather trust and be burned, than not trust anyone.
There is a lot more, but this will do for now- there are many birthdays yet to come.
I love you honey, I am the luckiest gal I know (of course I do live in a small town... hahaha, again, that was for you honey). You are the light of my life and I enjoy every moment (except the early morning ones :) that I get to spend with you. Happy 31st!!

2 comments:

KrisFlower said...

Travis is an amazing man but he is also very lucky to have the support and love of such an awesome mother and wife!

Kellie said...

Happy birthday Travis! You deserved all Three days of it! Sounds like so much fun. I'm glad you ate sushi, made me not feel so bad we couldn't be there since I'm scared of it... ha ha

JENNIFER!!! I loved your post. You made me laugh out loud several times! Travis is so lucky to have a wife like you!!!

Lots of love

Bobcat Belles, Senior Year

This is Gloria’s senior year and last year on the Belle’s. I am so impressed with her and her dedication to this team. She is an amazing ...