So, my cleaning lady told me when she came to my house a month or so ago that I needed to buy more windex. I went to the store that weekend and came home with some "Glass Plus" with Jet Dry. I felt good about my purchase as I had saved nearly 30 cents on this brand. I put it with my cleaning supplies feeling she would be pleased that I had purchased this item in a timely manor.
The next week when she came, I was not at home. But when I came home there was a little note left for me that said "glass plus is unacceptable". Basically she told me that it was not worth the few extra cents in savings for all of the extra work the non-windex requires. Well, I know that some people have loyalty to things that they love and cannot do without, so, again I go to the store (that weekend... I am feeling great about my timeliness) and find some windex... I grabbed the first one I saw that said Windex. The next week I actually get a call on my cell phone, She told me I had grabbed the wrong kind of Windex. I had picked up a multi-surface and this one does not leave things as bright as the Windex window cleaner does. She tells me that I need to pick it up immediately or she won't do my windows/mirrors this week- it is not worth her time or effort! So, I find some window cleaning windex and rush it home! Whew... it is the right kind!!
Now... since my kids are in school and I am finding time to do all sorts of things.... And, Well, I have 3 large windows all right next to each other, and I have 3 different kinds of window cleaners. I decided that I would try a little experiment. fun?!! Oh yes!! And I'll have Fun Fun Fun till my kiddies take the school bus home-
So, I timed the time it took to clean each window, I used only one paper towell per window and here are the results:
1. Glass plus cleaner: 55 seconds
2. Windex Multi-surface: 50 seconds
3. Windex for windows only: 46 seconds.
Time to me was very comparable... we have 29 windows, and not all are as large as the ones I cleaned, so I guess it would take a few extra minutes to do all the windows in the house.
HOWEVER- when I looked at the windows side by side in the bright sun, the multi-surface was a TITCH more cloudy. The Glass plus maybe was a teeney bit more smudgy than the Windex- and the Windex window did look very pretty.
So, is it worth it? Was it worth it? I am on the fence with my decision. I don't think that I would have noticed the cloudiness or smudginess if I had not been diligently examining the windows. They all looked good to me!

3 comments:
That is to funny! You are awesome!
Boy, I can't imagine even thinking about doing the experiment... 30 cents and someone would do it for me? 30 cents is definately worth it to me. Thanks Jen... It made me smile... Have a great day...
So you have your cleaning lady-life must be perfect now or close to it! I personally am in love with the multi-surface windex because all of my appliances are stainless steel and they smudge with anything other than multi-surface-thanks to Jonelle for that tip. Sounds like things are great for you guys. Now that we both have a little more time, I'll try to give you a call.
Post a Comment