Saturday, October 24, 2009

The early bird gets the BURN


Anyone who knows me at all, has ever known me at all or has ever even heard of me should know this about me...... i am NOT an early bird. the end. period. done.

so, it may come as a shock to anyone who knows me (or has ever known me) that I am now waking up at 5:25am 3 days a week to teach a body conditioning class. and lest you all think that it cannot last, i have been doing this for nearly 6 months now!! I know, sit down- breathe- believe me, I have to do the same thing when I think about how crazy it is!! BUT..... here is WHY I am doing it. I get up, get a really intense workout in, get home, shower, dress, and eat BEFORE I start to wake up the kids for school. before the day has even begun, I have gotten through my workout and I am dressed. the other days, when I don't teach until 8:15am, I have a hard time waking up and getting the kids up- it seems like we are rushing. then i don't get home from working out until 10:00 and then i have to shower and eat while the baby is napping and then she wakes up and i have gotten nothing accomplished and it is time to go get the younger kids from school.....
so it gives me my day back. and, I AM LOVING IT!!! Burn, baby, burn!!!

2 comments:

Shelly said...

I too hate getting up early but I LOVE the benefits. Good for you! mom

Janene said...

this makes me want to certify to teach or something.

I CAN be an early bird, if I lay down early enough the night before, but I too see it as a near must now to get my workout and shower DONE before anyone else is up. Tricky when I never know when the newborn will wake.

Bobcat Belles, Senior Year

This is Gloria’s senior year and last year on the Belle’s. I am so impressed with her and her dedication to this team. She is an amazing ...