




This year for our Anniversary/My birthday (which are only a few days apart from each other), we went to Mexico!! What a great time. I wish I could tell you all the amazing things that we did, but, well.... most of our time was spent RELAXING!!! We went to bed early (I mean, some nights I was asleep by 7:00!!), and we woke up late (like 9:00- wow!). I told my husband that I wanted to just relax and not have any responsibilities. I needed the time to just let myself totally unwind. It was a perfect trip for just that. My dear hubby really wanted to do a lot of exciting things, but I really didn't think that I was up for that this trip- this was the FIRST TIME that I have left my kids with anyone other than my hubby. It was so nice for us to spend time remember how it is to be a couple. There was a lot of flirting, hand holding (which is hard to do when you have 4 kids with you everywhere you go), and talking (which can also be difficult with little ones). We did do a few neat things.... we went zip lining through a forest!! It was great. We went on a tour of a tequilla factory, even though we don't drink our friends do and it was a fun tour. They gave everyone all the free shots of tequilla they wanted, so the ride home was super funny!! Everyone was animated and goofy! We did some kayaking and snorkeling, Travis found some cool star fish. We found some great restaurants and we have been eating a lot of Mexican food since we came home because I am addicted!! We played some water polo and I found out that I am pretty good!! We loved it and had a lot of fun. I really enjoyed my time and came back ready to face the next year!! Thanks to my mom for coming and staying with the kids, I never could have done it without her. What a great birthday/anniversary!
2 comments:
That sounds like SOOOOO much fun. Glad you were able to do it!
Looks and sounds like a fun time.
Post a Comment