Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Pigs.... ARGHHHHHH!!

For the past 13 days, we have been TRAPPED inside of our house with the swine flu. It has been really, really miserable. Grayson was the first to get it, 2 days later I got it. 4 Days later Gloria got it and that same day Cami got another sick "bug". So, we have not gone to school, to the store, to the mailbox or anywhere for 13 days and quite frankly- it SUCKS!!! We have all been so lethargic and had high temps with super sore throats and ear aches, head aches and neck aches and aches everywhere. Needless to say, it got a little depressing around our house. I didn't have the energy to cook- but no one wanted to eat. I didn't have the energy to put together crafts for the kids- they didn't have the energy to do crafts. We mostly just slept on and off all day every day. Poor Livvy- she didn't get sick and she did have energy, so she was pretty grumpy during this whole ordeal because she had to stay indoors. However, today was the magical day!!! All kids had been fever free for 48 hours and were feeling pretty well , so today they all went back to school!!!!! YIPPEE! Livvy and I seemed to have our lives back. We raked all the leaves that fell all over our yard while we had been sick- we did a lot of laundry... and we even managed to make a "Candy Train" with all the kids- which I call our Polar Express train. We made dinner and went to the mailbox. It was fantastic. I am so happy that we are all FINALLY feeling better. It is a wonderful feeling. I lost my sense of smell while I was sick- really I did- and I still don't have it back. I wonder if I should be concerned? Also, Gloria's neck is still really stiff. Hmmmmm.... hopefully we will all be %100 ourselves really soon so we can finish all our Christmas activities that had to be put on hold while we were sick... So, Happy Tuesday Everyone, A very Happy Tuesday Indeed.

4 comments:

Tif said...

So glad you are feeling better. That sounds awful. We had three cases of strep at our house this week and I thought that was bad. Hopefully you have had your turn and your family can all be healthy through the holidays.

Heather A said...

I am so sorry you guys have been sick! Yuck! Glad you are doing better. I've heard that it is a nasty bug. Fortunately, we haven't had any trouble with it yet.

Harada's said...

Oh yuck! We had this also and it did totally suck and lasted almost 3 weeks. I really hope you all feel better soon for christmas. Hopefully there is at least one healthy adult in the house to take care of the rest of the sickies.
Try and get some rest!


p.s. I need your address!

Janene said...

oh man I'm sorry to be reading this. I really hope you're all better now!

Bobcat Belles, Senior Year

This is Gloria’s senior year and last year on the Belle’s. I am so impressed with her and her dedication to this team. She is an amazing ...