Sunday, September 5, 2010

My Baby is 8!






Gloria turned 8 this week. I can hardly believe that she is going to be baptized this week. She is such a joy to have around. Since she was born, we knew that she was special. Gloria is naturally an optimistic girl. She is so happy and helpful and caring. She has a lot of compassion. Gloria is in the 3rd grade this year. She is at the top of her class in spelling and reading and math and science. She is friends with everyone she meets. She loves her brother and sisters. When Gloria was born, she was so perfect that Travis and I knew that we were perfect parents... we have since discovered that sometimes the child just comes that way regardless of how the parents parent.
Here are some facts about Gloria:
She loves the color green.
She loves to smile.
She is a wonderful singer, she can really carry a tune.
She loves to read. She reads to her siblings every day.
She loves littlest pet shops.
She is a great artist. She has recently decided that she wants to be an artist when she grows up. She loves to babysit. She is still too young to leave alone with the kids, but she can watch the kids while we garden or shower or clean and she loves it and the kids love it.
She loves to play soccer and I am happy to be her coach again the year.
She learned to wakeboard this year.
She has recently started to enjoy spending "girl time" with me. I have been enjoying it also.
She loves to do crafts... cards, jewelry and paper crafts.
I have never had a teacher say a negative thing about her. She is helpful and polite and caring with all those in her classes.
This year she is all about "being green". She is the recycling monitor in our house, she also insists that her packed lunches be %100 reuseable (all food in tupperware, no items that need to be thrown in the garbage, we are making pudding each week and putting it in tupperware so that we don't buy the pudding that comes in plastic, same with jello, no string cheeses.... we cute cheese up and put it in tupperware. Drinks are in metal jugs, and finally.... no napkins!! She needs cloth napkins.... !! She also has started asking me if we need to drive everywhere... can't we walk or bicycle? She's going green!).
She prays so well. I am inspired by her. She is thoughtful in her prayers and she prays so sincerely. She is very spiritual. She keeps the commandments and try's hard to make sure that she is doing things to please Heavenly Father.
She is a joy to be around. I would have been her friend if I was her age... I am glad that she is my friend now.
She is super honest. Always.
She has an easy smile.

Happy 8th Birthday, Gloria. I love you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is so wonderful... I am so proud of her. You are also a wonderful mom Jen... I think it is great how you keep up the blog... I love reading it and especially seeing your pictures. You and Travis have done good. Love Ya!

Bobcat Belles, Senior Year

This is Gloria’s senior year and last year on the Belle’s. I am so impressed with her and her dedication to this team. She is an amazing ...