Monday, April 18, 2011

Cami Turned 5



Cami celebrated her 5th birthday this month. We had a fun party, and she loves to be 5. Cami has such a fun personality. Here are 5 fun facts about Cami.
1. Cami LOVES food. She absolutely enjoys her food. I can put her at the counter with a plate of veggies and dip, and she would sit there for an hour- just enjoying each and every bite. She doesn't like fruit. Weird, I know. No banana's, no strawberries, not oranges, no kiwi. It is strange, really, as everyone else in this family LOVES fruit. She will eat raisins, frozen blueberries, and grapes. That is it. And only if she is STARVING! She loves vegetables. Will eat almost any veggie she is given. She loves chocolate and meat. Oreo's motivate her more than anything else we have found.
2. Cami is very bright. She is already reading small words. She asks really probing questions. Are we real, or are we someone elses' dream? Why did Jesus make roads? - I know why. So we won't drive on the dinosaurs that are underneath us. What makes the air cold that comes out of the AC? What makes the air hot in the summer and the air cold in the winter? Those are just a few that I can remember off the top of my head. She is constantly asking questions. She remembers EVERYTHING! She loves to read, she will sit for hours and hours reading with mom and dad or on her own.
3. Cami has a unique sense of style. She loves crazy, bold colors. She loves to do her own hair, and pick out her own accessories. When we have "stay at home days" I let her wear what she wants and do her own hair. I am thankful that so far she has not fought me about wearing matching clothes when we go out in public. I love that she is so bold in her clothing choices. And that she knows what she likes.
4. Cami loves yellow. As long as I can remember, she has always shown a preference for the color yellow. She loves to wear yellow. She loves to own yellow dolls, she wants her aunt to dye her hair yellow. She loves yellow shoes. She loves yellow.
5. Cami is very routind oriented. In everything she does. She has to have every wrinkle out of her blankets before she sleeps. Before bed she has to have the same song, hug and love-you sign done in the exact order and same way. She has to sit in the same spot, use the same color of cup, every day. She watches the same exact tv show every day during quiet time (yes, she gets an hour of tv a day, I'm a bad mom- I admit it). She loves every routine she has.
That is our Cami. We love her. She is such a joy to have around and she brightens our days. Happy 5th Birthday, Cami!!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

I love Cami. She is so much fun and always says the cutest things. She is very honest with the things she says. We love having her come and visit our house. My girls all enjoy the time they spend with her. Its always fun when Cami comes. Lots of love and big hugs and kisses to our favorite 5 year old. We love you soo sooo much. Love Aunt Michelle

Bobcat Belles, Senior Year

This is Gloria’s senior year and last year on the Belle’s. I am so impressed with her and her dedication to this team. She is an amazing ...