This year my kids had the opportunity to dress up for THREE separate events!! I am so happy that I got two of them on film!! The kids seem to be more aware (picky) about their costumes this year. ARGHHH! In years past I have just pulled out the trustee old costume bin from the attic and let them rummage through until they found something they liked. This year was a bit different. The kids were getting excited about costumes and kept asking me to pull out the costume bin. After a few days of their constant reminding and nagging me, I finally pulled out the bin. Normally I pull out the bin and sit back to watch the kids play and try everything on- mixing and matching different costumes to get different results. The kids love this process and they usually end up pick out 2-3 costumes to wear. It is something that we all look forward to every year. So, this year, I pulled out the bin and sat back to watch the kids excitedly pull out the costumes and try everything on.... but after trying things my oldest 2 children got their pouty lips out and said that they had worn EVERYTHING in the boxes before (true). They declared that they wanted NEW costumes this year. UGHH. Really? OK, I say. YOU can buy new costumes with your own money. They say OK! Double UGHH. I really don't want to take the kids out to spend their hard earned money on a costume to wear once a year. I try to wait until after Halloween and hit the 90% off sales- that is the ONLY way I have ever bought costumes. I try to convince them that $40 for a costume is absurd. But they are adamant. UGHH. OK. So, we start scouring Amazon- there is nothing they like. We search Pinterest for ideas- we come up empty. Nothing is sounding good to these kids and we are getting really close to Halloween. We get too close to Halloween. We get to the day of our first Halloween party. I find a few minutes to run to RITEAID to look at their 50% off costumes. Thankfully we found some for Gray, Cami and Olivia. We still had nothing for Gloria. Thankfully nanny Aspen helped Gloria with an impromptu who-ville hairstyle and costume. The other costume, the minion, was also an impromptu idea (thanks to pintrest). Gray chose to be a missionary for the ward party- super cute. Travis is Harry from Dumb and Dumber.
So, Halloween was a success this year. I will have to do some shopping to come up with some new costumes for next year. But it worked out in the end!!!
Happy Halloween!












No comments:
Post a Comment