This month has FLOWN by! I mean, it has just disappeared while I wasn't looking! As a matter of a fact, the past 4 months have been the most busy months of my entire life. It has been so hectic. I do believer that the craziness is at an end (I mean, we'll always be busy, but just not AS busy as we have been). I haven't even had time to blog about the kids new school. We decided to send the kids to a private school this school year. It has been a great decision. It is an amazing school with a lot of opportunities for the kids to advance and pursue the areas they excel in. They have all been busy this month writing NOVELS. Yes, that's right!! All the kids in the school are writing NOVELS and they are going to be published. Their are only 20 kids in the school and there are 3 full time teachers and many part time teachers. While in school they get spanish lessons, piano lessons, guitar lessons, violin, ukelele, bass, or cello lessons. They have a greek mythology teacher, a surgeon to teach dissecting of eyes and other organs, an anatomy teacher, a herbologist (gardening) teacher and an art teacher. They begin their days singing and gathered in a group. They they slit into separate groups for math, science, language arts, english, geography and all the other classes they go to. The kids LOVE it and it has been a great investment. And one thing that I absolutely love is the the kids have a four day school week!! That is the best! Monday- Thursday. The kids can move at their own pace... and because there are only 2-3 kids in the core classes, if the children grasp a concept easily they don't have to wait for 30 kids to grasp it, they can just move right along to the next lesson. The kids are just soaring and advancing quickly. We did not send Olivia to the school, she is going to public school. I feel it is best if she gets a few years of social skills in a public setting before she heads to the other school. She is super sad and wishes that she went with the big kids- but her school is great and her teacher is amazing. I don't have any pics of the school, but Gloria and her friends did some pictures of themselves during recess the other day, so here are some pics of Gloria and her friends at school.
Olivia turned 6 this month. We had a birthday party with a princess from Frozen. It was a lot of fun and we enjoy our cute little 6 year old!














No comments:
Post a Comment