Sunday, May 17, 2015

Mother's Day at the Beach
















This year we had planned to go to the beach for Mother's Day weekend- but Cami ended up getting sick Friday night and it lasted all day Saturday. We were really bummed. But when we woke up on Sunday morning, Cami was feeling all better, so we put the kids in the car and headed to Santa Cruz with some friends. It was a nice, relaxing way to spend Mother's Day. We really enjoyed ourselves and had a very nice day. My friend, Jessica, and I left the kids in the care of our very capable husbands and went to the Boardwalk to go on a rollercoaster. It was a very exciting event- not because of the ride, but because of the wait in line!! While we were waiting to get on the ride (only 2 people in front of us before our turn) a group of about 12-15 people walked up and CUT us!! I made a comment loudly about how rude it was to cuss (the group was mostly teens and adults) and one of the girls in the group started yelling and cussing like crazy. I immediately shut my mouth and decided that it was not worth a fight- however, the guy behind me in line had no such worries. He started yelling at them as the ride attendant LET THEM THROUGH the gate and buckled them into the ride. Before we knew it, the group was out of their seat restraints and rushing to the guy who was yelling at them! The police were called and it was scary! I was ready to jump the line and run- worried that I would get hurt in the fight that was about to get crazy!  But, thankfully, 5-8 police officers and security guards showed up and took the situation into their hands. It was a bit scary!  I was glad to make it safely back to my loving family.   It was a wonderful Mother's Day and I was glad to spend it with my family. 

No comments:

Bobcat Belles, Senior Year

This is Gloria’s senior year and last year on the Belle’s. I am so impressed with her and her dedication to this team. She is an amazing ...