This month has been a good one. It has actually been a great one. Which I didn't know if it would be good, or bad, as Travis and I have been working through some issues concerning our faith in our church this month. It has consumed a lot of our lives... and apparantly the lives of everyone we know who goes to our church. You would think that this would be between Travis and I and God, but apparantly everyone we know thinks it is their business as well. Not to be rude, I know they are well meaning, but this is our journey and our family and our decision. We are not idiots. We are educated adults making our own decisions. We have been studying and praying, but unless our answers match what the people of our church want out answers to be, then we must be wrong. No one thinks that they could be wrong. Nope. It must be us because we don't use the "I feel warm so it must be true" theory that they all subscribe to. God let's everyone feel the spirit. We don't need everyone's pity and sad eyes. We love God. We feel his love for us. That being said, there was a lot of stress this month, but we have been blessed with peace and happiness and love. We are doing well (we can't say the same thing for our friends in the church who continually let us know that they are ill because of our choices- we do not mean to make others ill or upset, that is not our purpose in this journey). Our kids are well. We are still out and about doing fun things and enjoying life. Enjoying each other. Enjoying the journey. And serving and loving others. And isn't that what God wants us to do?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Bobcat Belles, Senior Year
This is Gloria’s senior year and last year on the Belle’s. I am so impressed with her and her dedication to this team. She is an amazing ...
-
We were able to visit some family during our 2 week trip to California this Summer. We were able to visit my niece and her two children. ...
-
She is Here!! We are so excited to welcome little Olivia into our family. She is such a sweetie. She weighed 6' 14 ounces and was born y...
-
Hello everyone, I want to let you know that in a few weeks I am going to be allowing only invited users to view my blog. Travis and I have c...














No comments:
Post a Comment