This summer my mom planned an amazing reunion for our family. We had so much fun! It was really nice to get together with all my siblings and all their kids and even grandma Browning. We had a lot of fun activities planned and the kids really enjoyed spending so much time with cousins and grandma and grandpa. My mom got us all matching shirts, she made necklaces for everyone with their names- the necklaces had beads... the adults beads were to take off and give to the kids and the kids beads were to be collected. The kids could earn beads by being helpful and kind and the winners would be the kid who had the most beads by the end of the reunion. The adults especially loved this game as we could ask any child for a massage so they could earn a bead. We could ask them to help watch kids to earn a bead or even change a poopy diaper. The possibilities were endless and the adults were very creative with their requests.
Curtis organized a "May I" tournament. Our family loves the game "May I". It is a card game that we have been playing FOREVER. So, Curtis decided it was time to see who the best May I player is... unfortunately, May I is a LONG game and we did not finish the competition by the end of the reunion. I guess it will have to be continued at Thanksgiving.
My mom was awesome, as usual, at preparing the menu and bringing all the ingredients and implementing a cooking and clean up schedule. My mom is definitely the worlds best party planner. If you have the opportunity to go to a party my mom is hosting, you don't miss it. She is that good. I, sadly, did NOT inherit that from her. I am more of a minimalist. So, if you come to a party I throw, you'll get fed- but it's gonna be the easiest thing I can come up with and there will be no pleasing visual presentation. I figure it will taste the same no matter how it looks- but my mom, well, she doesn't do ANYTHING half way. That's who she is and I love it! I sometimes wish I had the energy to do what she does, but I am very thankful that I benefit from all the wonderful stuff she does.

No comments:
Post a Comment