Friday, January 15, 2016

Christmas Day 2015






















This Christmas was the best Christmas to date. We had such a fun day.  It started out on Christmas Eve when we took a walk as a family to deliver treats to our neighbors and it started snowing. What a magical day.  We were bundled up tight and kept walking even when we could barely see our hand in front of our faces, it was snowing so hard. We came home and cuddled up by a warm fire and drank hot cocoa. We played some board games and then started preparing dinner. I wanted to start a new tradition of eating all dressed up and using our nice dishes. Everyone dressed up and even enjoyed it. When everyone was dressed for dinner I decided to have everyone run outside to shoot a couple quick pictures... who knows if we'll ever have another white Christmas, so I wanted to make sure we got some pictures.  After pictures, we came inside and enjoyed a beautiful dinner by candle light. Then we all opened up our Christmas pajama's.  We decided to let all the kids sleep together in the basement and watch Christmas videos.  Max and Annie were very excited for Santa to come visit and so they were excited to go to bed. The rest of the kids aren't as big of Santa believers and so they were excited for the presents and the fun, but didn't feel the need to try to stay awake to hear Santa's bells (thank goodness).  We got to sleep and woke up around 7:00 the next morning. A little early, but I am thankful it wasn't 6!!  We opened up presents and all the kids loved their gifts. Gloria got money and a shopping spree. Gray got an iphone and a BB-8. Cami got luggage and Barbies. Olivia got an American Girl Doll and accessories.  Annie got baby dolls, a stroller and dress ups. Max got a pirate chest and a scooter and a remote control car. Everyone was happy! After presents, we got dressed in warm clothes and went outside to play in the snow. We played for hours and hours. WE came in for lunch and naps and games for the big kids. Then we played with our Christmas presents some more and then went outside again. I had made a decision that I would do no cleaning on Christmas day... not for my sake, I enjoy cleaning, but so that I could pay attention to the kids and just relax with everyone. It was such a perfect day, I don't know that we can ever recreate that day- but I hope we have many more happy days and time together as family. We are so blessed. We love each other so much and we have fun together. Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Bobcat Belles, Senior Year

This is Gloria’s senior year and last year on the Belle’s. I am so impressed with her and her dedication to this team. She is an amazing ...