This post is nearly a month late! But, better late than never. :)
Gloria- my oldest child, My sweet and kind and loving daughter turned 14 this month. This girl made me a mom. Her birth was one of the happiest days of my life. From the moment she was born we knew she was special. She just has one of those loving sweet personalities that make her unique and someone whom we all want to be around all the time.
This year for Gloria's birthday, we had a pool party. It was huge. We had 70-80 kid here. It was a crazy night- but it goes to show how loved Gloria is that she knew she wanted all of her friends here and they came... even on Labor Day Weekend. Sometimes Travis and I just sit back and wonder why we are so blessed to be her parents. We love this girl.
We have had some big changes this year, and Gloria had a really great attitude about everything. Not to say there weren't some typical teenage moments, but mostly she has just embraced life.
Gloria is a talented writer. She loves to write an to read deep novels. Her AP English teacher raves about her and how well she does in the class. She really loves writing and it will be interesting to see if she uses her love of writing in a future career (her English teacher told her she would be a fabulous English teacher, but Gloria said "No Way! Teachers have to wake up way too early in the morning and put up with a ton of crabby teenagers!" LOL!
Gloria made the platinum cheer squad this year. She is really enjoying it- but feels it cuts into her time with her friends. She is not sure she will continue after this year, but she is really good and I enjoy watching her.
Glo loves to dance. She has always had a passion for dancing and is thinking about getting back into dance full time. We'll see what she decides, teenagers have so many opportunities that it's hard to pick just one.
Gloria also loves history! What?! Her dad and I are not bit history buffs, I mean, we enjoy a good non-fiction story, but it's not our passion. But Gloria has really been enjoying her history and geography classes.
Gloria is also taking sign language... it's a passion of mine and I love seeing how much she is enjoying the class. She has to take 2 years of it, so pretty soon we should be able to communicate with our hands and share secrets right in front of the family.
All of Gloria's teachers love her. She often tells them after class how much she enjoyed their lessons and let's them know that she thinks their class is great. I just had a parent teacher night at her school and all of the teachers raved about what a kind and polite and sweet girl she is. I didn't not hear anything negative EXCEPT that sometimes she talks a little too much with her friends.... but they said they only have to ask her once and she'll quiet right down. Gloria said she is working on it... LOL.
I love my Gloria. Happy 14th birthday to my sweet girl. I am so glad you are mine. There is nothing in the world that could ever make me not love everything about you.
No comments:
Post a Comment