I knew that Campbell would have the name Campbell when I was just 3 months pregnant. I didn't know if she was a girl or a boy, yet. But I knew. I felt that she would be my Campbell. If she was a boy, we would have called her Camp. But if she was a girl, she would be my Cami. Only 2 of my kids have I been so certain of a name before they were born, and Cami was one of them. It is my Grandma's maiden name and she had passed away. l felt like she was speaking to me and told me that this was my child to give this name to. And it fits her perfectly. She loves being called Campbell or Cami. Both names fit her perfectly.
Cami turned 11 last week and I can hardly believe it. It doesn't feel like it was 11 years ago that I held her in my arms for the first time, it seems like it was yesterday. And now, here she is, babysitting my other babies and reading and being a little adult. She has now spent 11 years in our home and will likely only spend 7 more, and I get scared wondering how she could only have 7 years left? Where is the time going?
Cami has such a strong and sweet and sensitive personality. She is confident and I hope that is something that never changes. She is stubborn and resilient. She is the best friend you could ever wish for. She is a giver. She will give you the shirt off her back or the shoes off her feet, or the sewing machine that she saved a year for... if you ask. Or don't ask. If she thinks you want it, it's yours. For Cami, people are so much more important than things. She has always been this way. She thinks of others and loves everyone. She is generous and doesn't judge. She is growing up and I am just so happy that she is mine. This girl is precious. She is a gift to me. I love her so much and my heart bursts with emotion when I think of her and her beautiful smile.
No comments:
Post a Comment