Gloria turned 7 this month and she wanted a glamorous party. So, we had a glamor party. Boy-oh-boy did we have a glamour party!! It was a lot of fun, for everyone!! I had been searching online for used/old prom dresses, dance costume and wedding dresses.
We had a "dressing room" filled with dresses where the girls could pick out whatever they wanted to wear. Then we had a "make-up and accessories" room. The room had hats, crowns, gloves, boa's, neckaces, rings, nail polish, hair paint, make-up, lipstick, combs, brushes and tattoos. Wowee! The girls dressed and primped and did whatever they wanted to. Then, they walked the runway. We had the music on and the girls would walk down the stairs and across the runway to present their final look. There was a lot of clapping and cheering. We did some karaoke, which was a HUGE hit!! We had dinner and cake. We had a few games planned, such as "Find the diamond Ring", Kiss the frog, musical thrones and name that prince.... but unfortunately, we did not get time for a SINGLE game!!! The girls had so much fun with the makeup, hair, nails, runway and karaoke that before we knew it- the parents were showing up to pick kids up!!! We had a fantastic time. Here is the best part of all..... I hired a few (5) girls that babysit for us, they came over and did ALL of the makeup, hair, tattoos, nails and dished up dinner, cake, and icecream. They were also cleaning up the messes that were made while the girls were doing karaoke and walking the runway. So, when theparty was over, I had had a great time and the house was clean!! I will do that for every single party that I have now! It was perfect!!
Let me tell you a little about my 7 year old.
Gloria is such a beautiful girl. She is beautiful inside and out. We have had many parents tell us that Gloria has been friends to their children when no one else will. She welcomes everyone into her friend circle. She is very patient. I test her all the time on her patience, and she amazes me every single day. She is naturally helpful. She loves to help, and whenever I ask for her assistance she always jumps up to help me with a smile on her face. I love her so much. I love her smile. She is a blessing to me. She loves her brother and sisters so much and they all look up to her and love her fiercly. She believes in choosing the right. When she prays, she is so thoughful and thankful. She loves to dance, she is excited to start girl scouts. She is great swimmer and excells in every subject in school. She especially enjoys reading. When she giggles, it is contagious.I love her and I am thankful to have her for my daughter. I am the luckiest mom alive.
3 comments:
okay, did you make that cake? It totally looks professional, but everytime I think that I find out you made it!!! Love the party idea, and SO SMART to hire girls to help. I'm sure they LOVED every second of it, and so nice not to have the whole stress of clean-up. You are such a smart mom!!! miss you horribly!
Love it!
what a great idea for a party...too cute! I cant believe she is 7 already!!! She has gotten so beautiful!
Post a Comment