Monday, September 21, 2009

My House #1

While I was visiting family last week, my little niece (I say little because she is TINY, not because she is YOUNG, well she is young, but not too young... she has 2 kids and is putting her hubby through dental school)- anyway, my little niece Becky said that she had been waiting for me to put some pictures of my house on my blog. I said that I just hadn't thought about it. So, I got home and started thinking about it. I decided that I didn't want pictures of my house on my blog because we just moved in and we are still trying to put the rooms together the way that I want them. Then I started to think that maybe some of you out there have ideas for me, and also that it would be fun to have some before and after pictures of my house. So... here for your consideration is the first room in my house. The Kitchen.


The above view is from the living room looking in the kitchen. In the picture below, please pay no attention to the overgrown bush outside my window.... it needs a little trim, it has been neglected.

There is not too much room in my kitchen, and not a lot that we can do in here. I am going to hang some pictures or plates on the wall above the cupboards/oven, paint the oven fan black, and I am saving up for some copper pots to hang on my pot rack. And That is the kitchen. FYI- we just bought the stainless steel appliances and we LOVE LOVE LOVE them!! We had a lot of well meaning friends tell us not to buy stainless steel because they get little kid prints all over them... maybe so, but look at the shine. The way the light bounces off the surface. Oooooh.... it gives me little tingles when they are so clean and shiny. I love them!!! They also work very well, and that is nice, but my oh my, I love the shine!!

2 comments:

KrisFlower said...

Love the stainless steel appliances! I think you should paint that wall a color, like a nice deep red...Fun, I'm starting the redecorating process, too!

Becky said...

this is your little niece :) ha ha
im glad you posted more pics. cute house! Decorating is always hard. I end up moving things around several times before i find a place that looks good.
It was so good to see you guys even though it was brief

Bobcat Belles, Senior Year

This is Gloria’s senior year and last year on the Belle’s. I am so impressed with her and her dedication to this team. She is an amazing ...