
Lately I have been in love with bananas and pecans mixed together. It is a winning/addicting combination. I can't help it. I put them in my oatmeal, on toast, ice cream, shakes and I eat them with nothing else except a healthy dose of raisins. Mmmmm.... yumm. I don't mind brown over ripe bananas. I think that they are better than plain old ripe bananas. But today, the bananas are BLACK. And I put my foot down on eating BLACK bananas. I started looking for a recipe that included pecans, chocolate chips, bananas and oatmeal. I couldn't find anything that shouted out "try me! try me!" So I decided to put something together on my own. I almost decided on cookies, but decided to make some bread so that I could take some to my neighbors. I LOVE LOVE LOVE this bread. My kids love it, too. And my house smells great!! I am going to share my recipe with you... I may tweak it a little in the future.... but then again, I might not!! Enjoy.
Jen's Chocolate chip, banana nut bread
1 and 1/2 cup white sugar
1 cup whole wheat flour
3/4 cup white flour
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking soda
3/4 tsp. baking powder
3/4 cup finely chopped pecans
1 cup chocolate chips
1 cup oatmeal
2 eggs
1 tablespoon vanilla
1/3 cup milk
1 Tb. lemon juice
1 cube melted butter
4 mashed bananas
pour into bread pans, bake 350 for 20-35 minutes (depending on pan size). Cool for 10 min in pan.
No comments:
Post a Comment