Sunday, January 2, 2011

Christmas Eve with the Murphy's (and the Grinch)















We made it to Utah in the nick of time (well, actually, we were LATE). We started our traveling on the 23rd, and thought that we would drive through the night, as we have always done in the past. We anticipated getting to Utah on the morning on the 24th, sleeping for 5 hours at my mom's while she watched the kids and then driving to my brothers house for our annual Murphy Christmas Eve Party. However, on the day that we set out to drive to Utah, I scratched my eye pretty badly. It was swollen and I couldn't see out of it very well. The doctor gave me antibiotics for my eye, but unfortunately it was still so swollen and sore that I would not be able to help with the driving. So, about half way through the trip, the kids were all being crabby (our worst drive to Utah, yet) and I was not feeling well and Travis was tired. So, we made the decision- for the FIRST TIME EVER- to stop at a hotel half way through the drive and get some sleep. We woke up early the next morning and continued our drive, making it to my brothers house in Willard at 4:30 (the party started at 4:00, SHARP). So, we were a few minutes late, but we made it safe and we had a great time. My sister in law, Heather, is so very creative. I am thankful for people like her in the world who make our lives a little more crazy and fun. I am more of a routine-oriented person. So, if it were up to me, we do the exact same thing year after year... but I am glad that she adds spice and fun to our lives. It was so much fun. We were asked (in a very cute Dr. Suess invitation, with rhymes and everything) to dress in Who-ville attire. Thanks to my mom, my family came as Star Bellied Sneeches. We arrived bedraggled and tired and she dressed us up and helped us get in the spirit of the evening. The Cat in the Hat started the evening by reading "The Grinch Who Stole Christmas" and halfway through the story, the REAL Grinch showed up and finished the book. And then THREW presents at the kids and told everyone that he would be stealing their presents in the morning. He did a great job. Everyone loved it. Then we ate a yummy delicious dinner.... green eggs and ham and a whole lot of other yummy foods. Then we had the kids do the Nativity.. always a highlight. Then everyone headed home for bed and sweet dreams. It was such a fun night. We always enjoy our time with family. Thanks for hosting, Murphy family. We love you all.

No comments:

Bobcat Belles, Senior Year

This is Gloria’s senior year and last year on the Belle’s. I am so impressed with her and her dedication to this team. She is an amazing ...