Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Nelson Brothers... I Mean- "Kendall Sisters"





How cute are these guitar girls? They are so dang fun, I love it!! Gloria and Gray have been doing guitar lessons for 6 months. Gloria has been asking for an electric guitar for MONTHS and we have told her NO so many times. But she and Gray have both been doing an excellent job practicing and have been playing so well. Their teacher has told us REPEATEDLY that their current guitars are too small and not good quality ($15 target specials 3 Christmases ago). We keep telling the kids that when we are SURE they are serious about playing the guitar they can earn new ones. For the past few months, they have really gotten into their guitar practicing and are now teaching their dad to play with them. The 3 of them sit around and 'Jam" and they sound pretty good.
The other night when the kids were with Travis at a friends house, their friends decided to give Gloria an electric guitar! Travis agreed to let her have it and she is soooooo excited. She gave her small pink guitar to Cami. Gray then handed his guitar to Liv and told her it would be hers in a few days when Dad got him a new guitar too.... I guess they kids are ready for new guitars! Liv and Cami are both so excited about their guitars, they sit and strum along with whatever their brother and sisters are doing. It is a lot of fun! I think that we will stick with the guitar for a few more years.

1 comment:

Shelly Murphy said...

What songs can they play? You will all play an instrument and have a musical family. Mom on the piano!
Sounds fun.

Bobcat Belles, Senior Year

This is Gloria’s senior year and last year on the Belle’s. I am so impressed with her and her dedication to this team. She is an amazing ...