Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Sew fun!






I decided last year that I wanted to learn to sew. Before last year, I thought sewing was a waste of money and time. Why would anyone sew? It's cheaper to buy clothes than to make them, and it's easier. Thus my decision to never care that I don't sew. Then, one day I decided that it isn't about the clothes, it is about the crafting and the cuteness. And so, I decided that I wanted to learn to sew. I dawdled about thinking about how I should learn to sew for 3 months (or so) until I stumbled across a cheap-o used sewing machine for only $50. I thought that was as good of a price as I was going to find for a functioning good condition sewing machine. I bought it. It sat in my attic for a couple of months until December when I needed to sew a Christmas Tree craft. I pulled it out of the attic... and I sewed. It wasn't easy and it wasn't fun. Back to my attic went the machine. Then I saw a really cute Valentines day runner in a magazine. My mind started thinking about how much fun it would be to have a Valentines day runner. It looked easy enough. I decided that I would try sewing again. I pulled out the machine. I bought the fabric. And in the end, it was OK. I got a decent runner done. Not bad for a beginning project. A bunch of straight lines. Easy enough and it didn't make me feel like a total loser. So, I may try another project in the future, now that my confidence is boosted.
On a happier note, Look at my cute wreath!! I am so glad that I have such a cute friend named Kellie who encourages me to be crafty. I am so happy with the way it turned out. It is such a rich, beautiful color. It is perfect for Valentines Day. We have another wreath in the works, so stay tuned to see a way cute wreath. I should have it posted next week, if I am on the ball!!
And those conversation hearts? Love them. I only had time to sew and stuff a couple today, but there are several more cut and waiting to be finished. They will fill the bowl in the center of my coffee table, totally cute, Valentine-ish, and very kids friendly!
So, if you have ever thought about sewing... give it a try! If I can do it, then the dog next door could do it!

2 comments:

Shelly Murphy said...

CUTE! I am proud of yoiu! I would like that table runner pattern.

Janene said...

I didn't even decorate for Valentines this year! So lame.... I just don't even have enough stuff to merit pulling it out. Thanks for the cute ideas

Bobcat Belles, Senior Year

This is Gloria’s senior year and last year on the Belle’s. I am so impressed with her and her dedication to this team. She is an amazing ...