Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Livie's Blankie



Olivia has had this special blankie since the day she was born. One side is satiny soft and one side is brown and pink fuzzy. It is her special blankie. We have no spare blankie. That is bad. She cannot sleep without it. Sometimes it is gross and dirty and we have to use it. I had a brilliant idea to buy another one. But I could not find another one like it. So, I bought one that FELT the same, but was just purple. I presented it to Olivia. She threw it across the room. She will not even be in the same room as the purple one. So, I put it in a closet and forgot about it.
Last week Olivia was ready for bed and we could not find her blankie!!! I was panicked!! Then I remembered the purple "fake" blankie. I turned out all the lights in the house and made sure everything was pitch black. then I went into her room to give her the blankie. She asked me a few times to turn the light on so she could see it. I told her 'No". She eventually accepted that it was her blankie and went to sleep. I had meant to find her blankie in the night and go in and pull a switcheroo. But I forgot. IN the morning she came running into our bedroom shouting "mommy!! Look!!! My blankie changed colors in the night!" Sweet. Now her blankie often changes color in the night.... whenever we need to wash one or can't find one. It was a perfect solution.

3 comments:

Tif said...

So so so cute! I love it!

Michelle said...

Big smile on my face!!! Cute story. I wonder what else her blankie can turn into!!

Janene said...

What a fun story. Magic blankets, that makes it easier for them to swallow, huh?

I worry sometimes about what will happen if we ever lose Sean's monkey...

Bobcat Belles, Senior Year

This is Gloria’s senior year and last year on the Belle’s. I am so impressed with her and her dedication to this team. She is an amazing ...