Friday, September 30, 2011

11 years and going strong!!


Yesterday Travis and I "celebrated" our 11 year anniversary. I say "celebrated" because Thursday is our BUSIEST and most chaotic day of the week. So, we did squeeze in a 2 minute conversation during lunch, I saw him briefly over a soup dinner and then last night we both had about a 5 minute or less conversation on the couch before we both fell asleep (yes, on the couch) holding hands. And that was our day. But, it wasn't a bad day. There is nobody in this world that I would rather fall asleep holding hands on the couch with. Squeezing in a 2 minute lunch conversation is a highlight to my days.
Travis and I were married 11 years ago and it has been the most amazing 11 years. Travis and I have both changed into better people. And isn't that what marriage is all about? Being with someone who makes you better. Someone who makes you want to do better. To grow and change. That is what Travis does for me. Sometimes I cringe when I think of the girl I was when I got married. I was desperate for approval and tried constantly to be something I never was. NowI am proud of who I am, where I came from and what I am becoming. Together we strive every day to be better than what we were. I love sitting with Travis and talking to him about all of my dreams and hopes and having him help me see that my dreams can be reality.
In our marriage we have brought 4 wonderful children into our family, and hope to bring a few more in, eventually. We love our family. We are each others best friends. We play together and joke together and work together. Our family is my pride and joy. We are so so so blessed.
I am thankful every minute of every day for the wonderful man that I call my husband. He is patient and kind and hard working and the perfect person for me. Happy Anniversary, babe. I love ya!!

1 comment:

Becky said...

So sweet! You guys are such a cute couple. Happy Anniversary!

Bobcat Belles, Senior Year

This is Gloria’s senior year and last year on the Belle’s. I am so impressed with her and her dedication to this team. She is an amazing ...