



These kids are amazing. Fantastic. Kind. Loving. Honest. Smart. Wonderful. I am so blessed to have these kids in my life.
There is a quote in last months Ensign by Elder Neil L. Andersen from his talk in Octobers General Conference. I girl I Visit Teach pointed this out to me and I have been thinking about it ever since.
He said (and he is quoting) "Growing up in this culture, it is very hard to get a biblical perspective on motherhood.... children rank way below college. Below world travel for sure. Below the ability to go out at night at your leisure. Below toning your body at the gym. Below any job you may have or hope to get." She then adds: "Motherhood is not a hobby, it is a calling. You do not collect children because they are cuter than stamps. It is not something to do if you can squeeze the time in. It is what God gave you time for."
It is what God gave you the time for! I love it. Soon I will have this quote framed and hanging on my wall. I hope it will always remind me that my kids are more important than my girl's night out. My next craft project, and more important than a clean house (YIKES, easier to say than do sometimes) and above my desires. These kids are what God gave me time for!
2 comments:
Love it! Thanks for the reminder.
I really loved that talk! It had so many great things in it. We are all so much happier around here when I am making time for QUALITY time with my kids. Today isn't forever!!
cute pictures.
Post a Comment