

This past week we decided to go hiking up near Yosemite. It was a beautiful day, nice and warm. The sun was shining. The dogs were full of energy.
Because of our new year's resolution to NOT eat at restaurants, we decided to pack lunch and snacks. It would have been so easy to stop at subway and grab sandwiches- but we packed lunches and had ourselves a fabulous car picnic (meaning that there were no tables to eat at, and I was not going to sit on the rocks and dirt and have bugs climbing all over me and my food). The kids are no allowed to eat in the car, generally, so they were excited to have a picnic in the car!
The hike was not too long, although that was our choice. The trail went on for quite a few more miles, but we picked a nice mid-way destination, and then spent some time playing there. The dogs (Max) were so excited that it got a little scary at some points. Max is still in training and he has a ton of energy, so he would pull at his leash and drag me a little. There were several steep edges on the trail and sharp turns and I was a little scared that I would get pulled over the edge. I didn't. But I was scared!
It was a great day. We had a lot of fun. We will be trying to fit more of these hikes into our year. We are so close to so many beautiful areas and we are going to try to appreciate them more!
1 comment:
We have Yosemite on our list of places we need to go. So fun!
Post a Comment