Our neighbors have a Halloween party every year the weekend before Halloween. This year our family went as witches and vampires. Little Max had a costume, but he was sick (and still is), so Max and I showed up to the party for just a few minutes and then left. Sad. The party is so much fun, I was sad to leave my friends and to not watch the kids. They have a costume parade with all the kids, pumpkin carving contest, tractor rides, a fake graveyard, candy guessing games and to finish off the night.... trick or treating!! They have 7 or 8 door at their house that lead to the outside. So they have the adults stand at the doors and the kids run around the house from door to door "trick or treating". This is a real treat for the kids because in the area where we live, no one actually trick or treats. The houses are all so far apart (one acre is the SMALLES amount of land that you can own here, most own far more than that), and there are so many hills and long drive ways that no one trick or treats here. Really. Not one person. Ever. Since we have lived here. At least, not that I have seen. It is a tradition I miss, but at the same time, every church in the area does Trunk-or-treats and it feels a lot safer.
This is a great time of year. Happy Halloween!!
1 comment:
What a c.u.t.e family!!!
Post a Comment