Thursday, December 19, 2013

Disney Land!!


























Last week we went to Disneyland!  I would be lying if I told you I had been excited to go... I was totally unexcited to go!!  I was anticipating how difficult it would be with so many young kids. I was actually DREADING it. We would not have made plans to go to DisneyLand, except that Gloria was going to be dancing in the DisneyLand Christmas parade- dancing down main street and all through the park.  I debated (for like 30 seconds) letting her go with one of the other dancers and just staying home- but I knew that I could not miss such a big moment in Gloria's life! And I also knew that the whole family would want to support Gloria in this exciting moment. We all love Gloria and want to support her and show her our love. So, we made the appropriate plans and went to Disneyland.  Our group was not a small group- We have 6 kids, to adults and a nanny.... that is NINE people, but that is not all! My sister and her hubby and their 3 kids all came up to cheer Gloria on, as well. So we had FOURTEEN people in our group.  I knew it would be a hard and miserable experience. I was planning on it. I was dreading it.  Then we got to Disneyland and it was AMAZING!!!  Everything went so smoothly. No one got lost (a big fear of mine), no one cried (I can't remember even one incident of anyone crying), everyone was happy and stayed with their partners, we all went on the rides 1-2 times with fast passes and stroller passes, we only had a couple of long lines to wait in because we were able to get fast passes and stroller passes. It was AWESOME!! A lot of our fabulous experience was in no small part due to the fact that we had so many big people there- my sister and her hubby were always stepping up to help me out, my nanny- Aspen- was always willing to help with strollers and potty breaks and holding any of the little ones who needed TLC, my nieces (Bay and Tay) who are basically like having two really cool adults around constantly helped me with all the kids and held and fed babies, and then my 4 older kids were great at helping and staying together! It was perfect. We had a great trip and it leads me to believe that we can do more traveling (it is especially nice to have a nanny sitting in the back of the car with the babies so we can focus on driving- she works so hard and we are so thankful for her help). What a great trip! Gloria did a great job dancing and we loved cheering her on and seeing what a great dancer she has become!  

No comments:

Bobcat Belles, Senior Year

This is Gloria’s senior year and last year on the Belle’s. I am so impressed with her and her dedication to this team. She is an amazing ...