Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Camping


















I try to be a positive person. I'm even reading a book called "The No Complaining Rule" with my kids so we can all be more positive. But, there are some things that need to be documented, so that if I ever get a crazy idea in my head about camping again, I can go back and read our experience and learn from it. Like childbirth... but worse! It's camping.
So, we went with Travis's family camping last week. We went to Bear Lake and we stayed in a camper. It was TOUGH.  We had 6 kids (2 ages 2 and under) and 2 adults all sleeping in a teeney tiny trailer. There was virtually no sleeping. For anyone. Ever. It was miserably hot, so no one could get cool. Ever. Not even at 1am. We were all sweating. And awake. Unfortunately. We had a twin bed, that was shared with 3 people. A couch that slept 2 people (barely, and one of them.. me... was hanging off the couch most the night) and 2 kitchen benches that slept 2 girls whose legs hung off the end, with a playpen in the middle of the girls- which would have been perfect if our daughter didn't snore and kick all night, constantly waking up the baby- who cried and woke up Max, who cried and woke up dad- who cried (seriously) and tried moving all the kids around to get kids into better sleeping positions - which would inevitably wake up the baby, again, and start the whole cycle over again! When the kids were all really awake (up with the rest of the family and out of the camper, during day time), it was a constant vigil of making sure no one was touching fires, running with sticks, sneaking to the lake, stealing every body's stuff from the various camp sites and hiding it, biting, kicking, crying or taking off poopy diapers and leaving them anywhere they felt like it. Needless to say, it was HARD. 
Do I regret it? No. I'm glad for the time we had to spend with family. Will I do it again? Ummmmm.... not like that. Next time we will rent a cabin close by and appreciate nature during the day- then sleep in air conditioned rooms with running water and toilets.  We loved spending time with family- we hated camping. It's just not something I enjoy. And that doesn't make me any less of a person. Or mom. It just means that I don't like camping. The end.

No comments:

Bobcat Belles, Senior Year

This is Gloria’s senior year and last year on the Belle’s. I am so impressed with her and her dedication to this team. She is an amazing ...