Sunday, January 18, 2015

A Bit of January So Far











This month has been busy already.  Each day has been full of life and general sorts of "stuff". We love it. We are still loving our new house and its location. I was a bit worried that being more rural would be more difficult, but I love it. It is so peaceful here. There is so much to do to our house. Homes in California are so much more expensive than they are in Utah, where we both grew up. We had both expected to have a large family and live in a large home to accommodate our family. But when we moved to California, we were surprised at just how much homes here cost. The home we lived in previously was tiny. We were all so crammed in there! Yet our home cost more than a home twice the size would in Utah. It's expensive. So, we saved our pennies and looked and looked and looked for a home that would fit our family. We finally found one. It was not in the city we lived in, but about 30 minutes away in a more rural city than we were in. After a year of speculation, we decided to do it. We need the space. We were just bursting at the seams in our other home. So, we bought this home that is twice the size of our last home and we finally have room to breathe. It's perfect. However, there are a lot of updates that need to happen, and so far we have not done any of them. There is green carpet throughout the house.... every room (except kitchen and entry ways) including bathrooms have GREEN carpet. There is tile on my countertops. The whole house is painted a very light gray, so light, it looks like a dirty white. Only after staring at the paint for a while can you see that it is slightly gray. The light fixtures are 20 years old. The deck needs to be stained. It seems the list is long- but I don't care. I feel so peaceful here. I feel like I can breathe. The kids love their space and the neighborhood and their school. It's the perfect fit for our family.  So, we will take these projects on little by little and it's ok. It's not about how our home looks, it's about how it feels. And it feels like home.

1 comment:

Janene said...

I am so glad you are still blogging! I just hadn't seen what you are up to in a long time, and of course you are up to A LOT. It is interesting what you said about your previous home, from the pictures it always looked big to me! I'm glad you feel good in your new space.

Your family is beautiful. I can tell you are doing such an amazing job with each of them. Have a great day! :)

Bobcat Belles, Senior Year

This is Gloria’s senior year and last year on the Belle’s. I am so impressed with her and her dedication to this team. She is an amazing ...