So for family night, we did the story of Daniel and the Lions Den. We printed out the pictures used at this link http://www.lds.org/library/display/0,4945,2045-1-3473-1,00.html and told the story of Daniel. Just for fun, every time I said the word LION I had the kids ROAR!! We discussed how Daniel chose the right even when there were consequences and how we should all choose the right even when our peers try to pursued us not to!
After our lesson we played "ROAR"- a game that is very much like Simon Says. We have one child sit at the front of the room with a stuffed animal right behind them. Everyone else starts at the opposite side of the room. When the Lions back is turned (the child is turned around) we can all run and try to steal the stuffed animal- but when the lion turns around and ROARS, who ever the lion sees still moving has to go back to the start. Whoever steals the lions animal gets to be the lion next.
After that we went out into our yard and had a lion hunt.... looking for the mountain lion den in our HUGE front yard!! Luckily we did not find it!! :)
My computer is not happy today, and so I cannot do pics, but maybe tomorrow!!
1 comment:
You have such fun FHE ideas. Thanks for always posting them.
I want to go to the red wood forest someday. I've never been, but the pictures are amazing. Your pics are great. It looks like so much fun.
Post a Comment