Thursday, August 28, 2008

Horses

The kids have to groom the horses before and after they ride, that includes brushing and cleaning the hoofs and putting the gear away. It teaches them how to care for a horse and will hopefully prepare them for when they get their own horses.
This horse is named Petey. He is a sweet pony with a great temperment.


We Finally got the kids in Riding Lessons!
Before we ever moved to California, we told the kids that when we moved here there would be horses, swimming every day, and lakes and boats and wild animals. They have been SOOOOO excited and so good about everything since we moved here. The only thing on our list that we had not done, that they asked us about every day is the horses.It has been hard finding lessons for them- but we did it!! They have been going to riding lessons for a few weeks now and LOVE every minute of it. They are learning English riding- after they learn English, they will move onto Western. English is the more difficult style to learn, and so we are doing that first so hopefully Western will come naturally after that.
Here are some pictures of the kids at lessons yesterday!

3 comments:

Shimmy Mom said...

How fun! It's really funny, I posted about our horses today too. Great minds think alike I guess.
I hope they keep enjoying it!

Jen said...

wow, how fun! I remember how much they talked about wanting horses, so I'm sure they're in heaven being able to take lessons. We miss your family so much!

Anonymous said...

HOW FUN!!! My kids wish they could ride horses. I guess we will have to come and visit you to get to ride horses!

Bobcat Belles, Senior Year

This is Gloria’s senior year and last year on the Belle’s. I am so impressed with her and her dedication to this team. She is an amazing ...