Today in church Gloria wanted to go on the stand and bear her testimony for the first time. She wanted to do it by herself, but Travis went up just for moral support. He ended up bearing his testimony as well. When they came back to our bench, Cami immediately stood up and started walking to the front, dragging me with her, saying "My turn Mom, Now it's my turn". I pulled her back and tried to distract her- it did not happen. She would not give up! "Cami go up now, mommy. I want to talk, too!". So, after 3 or 4 more people, I finally took her up, where she proceeded to talk into the microphone saying that she loves Jesus and "I love you". It was cute, I of course took my turn as well.
As I was thinking about that small act of Gloria's, it made me think of how our example truly affects others! Cami has never before wanted to go up and "talk" to everyone, but as soon as she saw her big sister doing it, she knew she wanted to as well.
We seem to take for granted how much our examples do affect others. It also works in a negative way, friends or siblings who make wrong choices also set that example. I am so thankful that my children set a good example. I am also thankful for our Savior and his perfect example so that we can always have someone to follow!
1 comment:
Isn't it amazing how often our children our examples to us instead of the other way around?!
Post a Comment