For Labor Day we had a fun family night with 5 other families. Because there was no work today, we were able to start family night at 4:00. We did a "Road Rally"- where we all met together and were given a set of instructions of things that we needed to collect. We were all driving in our cars and we had a meeting spot. First family there was the winner! We had to take our digital cameras to prove that we did everything on our list. We had to do some silly things, like find a gumball machine and put 3 pieces of gum in our mouth and then make a mountain of chewed gum. We had to bring it back to prove we did it. We also had to go to a second hand store and buy an item for $1.00 or less, wash our cars and buy a shake to share as a family. It was a fun evening that ended at a pizza restaurant and we ate pizza and shared fun stories about our night! We were the only family with young kids.... and needless to say, we did not come in first place. But we had a lot of fun and some fun bonding moments. The kids loved it when daddy put them all on his back and RAN RAN RAN!!
It was a fun family night and we look forward to doing it again soon. The motto for tonight was family unity- being a team with our family. IT was was huge success.
We loved this task the most.... playing on the playground!!
I feel like a kid....
One of our tasks was to go to a play ground and play on all the equipment- and take pictures of every family member on all the toys to prove that we all did it!
6 comments:
Looks like so much fun. It sounds like you have a lot of families there that like to do FHE together. You always have such great FHE ideas.
I bet you were the only family that could fit on the playground equipment!!! I think that sounds like a fun family night. I will have to try to get a group together to do it.
What a fun Family Night. It looks like so much fun. I might have to get a few families together to try this one.
*hugs*
Sounds like you are settling right in. You sound like you are doing so well. I hope the pregnancy is flying!
what a cute idea. They sent you to a playground and expected you to be quick though? :o) We need to do more fun stuff like this!
How fun you guys are! I want to do family night fun with you too. Allison asked to come over today. She misses Jennifer! We all miss Jennifer! You guys look so happy and so cute. I can't wait to talk to you about school--me and Gloria sound like twins. I won't be home at all tomorrow but I will call on Sunday. Love ya!
Post a Comment