I had Gloria push one basket with Olivia and Cami. I got another basket and we found the large item. I asked the NICE associates at Costco if I could please store my basket with the large item at the front of the store until I was done shopping- they said SURE! But they couldn't guarantee it would be there when I got back! That meant, I had to take it with me! I had just driven to Fresno with 4 kids, I NEEDED to do my grocery shopping while I was there. So, Gloria pushed one cart with Cami, Olivia's car seat and food around the store. I pushed the other basket with our large item and Gray while I was holding Olivia. People were soooo nice and complimentary on what well behaved children I had (and I do, they are super).
I was relaying the hectic experience to my older and wiser sister on the phone when I got home. Her first response was NOT "Wow! You are super mom", she simply said to me "Well, why didn't you just go and pay for your big item, take it out to your car, and then go back into the store and finish your shopping?"!
Well, that is why she is the older and wiser sister and I am clearly the younger and more confused sister! Next time, I am calling for advice BEFORE I go an do something crazy again!
5 comments:
I am the older sister in my family. And I'd have done the same thing you did. Maybe Michelle is just a genius!
*hugs*
You ARE super mom! Your kids are so well behaved to have survived the DRIVE and the SHOPPING!
p.s. I LOVE your family photo!!! Where did you get that done, it looks AWESOME!
xoxo
hey if you had called me, I would have told you too! ha ha ha I LOVE the new family picture!! its gorgeous! miss you lots and tons (ie its card club week again sheesh)
Good for you and Gloria! She'll be a super mom just like you.
oh, Jen. Truly I can't imagine it. Two kids at costco the other day felt overwhelming. :o)
Post a Comment