Thursday, August 6, 2009

Bass Lake

We love water. We are fortunate enough to have several bodies of water near our home. I think that our favorite is Bass Lake. We always enjoy going to Bass Lake. The scenery is breath taking, the water temperature is perfect, and more often than not, and the weather is usually not too hot. On this specific occasion, the weather was perfect, the water was warm and clear. Our Cousin Tay was here with us. We took Liv's playpen and she got a good nap while daddy and the kids were out enjoying the lake. While Liv and I were under a shade tent, she kept trying to crawl off the floor covering to play in the sand. I kept running after her to bring her back onto the covering. Eventually Travis came up from the water to join me and asked why I kept bringing Olivia back to the tent. He thought that I should let her play in the sand. I told him that she would EAT the sand, he said- so? Eventually she will get her fill and then she will be done. HMMMM, suppose she gets sick? But he thougth that she would be fine. I laughed inside because it is such a perfect example of the difference in our parenting. He likes to let the kids do things and learn from her mistakes and I like to protect them. I think that the mix of our styles has worked out well. I did let her crawl around in the sand. she did taste the sand a few times, and there was A LOT of sand in her diaper, but otherwise, all went well.



Tay was so great to let me play with her hair while she was here. I love the blog of the story of a princess and her hair. The link is on the side of my blog. I am always inspired by the way she does hair, so Tay let me experiment a few times. Thanks Tay!!

1 comment:

Katie said...

Looks like Liv keeps you pretty busy! There's nothing like tasting all sorts of "interesting" things!

Bobcat Belles, Senior Year

This is Gloria’s senior year and last year on the Belle’s. I am so impressed with her and her dedication to this team. She is an amazing ...