A few weeks ago a friend of mine blogged a picture of these yummy treats, I have been craving them ever since. So, here is my attempt of recreating her super yummy creations.
For lunch I had this:
Banana smothered with 3 TB. all natural, organic peanut butter- 4 pecans and 3 almonds chopped- and 3 TB Raisins. So filling and sooooo yummy.
Then for snack time today my kids enjoyed "bugs on logs". Thanks for sharing these great recipes.
Also, 2 new family favorites are 2 recipes that another friend shared on her blog. I have no pictures, but here are the recipes... give them a try, they are winners. We make both on a regular basis around here.
Blender Wheat Pancakes
1 C. Whole Wheat Berries
1 C. Milk (or 1 C. water and either 3 T non-instant dry powdered milk or 1/3 cup instant powdered milk)
2 Eggs (or 1/2 C. water and 2 T. powdered eggs)
2 tsp. Baking Powder
1 1/2 tsp. Salt
2 T. Sugar
2 T. Oil (I actually use blended white bean puree. Much healthier-But that's a whole other blog entry...)
Combine wheat and milk in a blender and blend on highest speed for 4-5 minutes (don't worry, it won't hurt your blender, promise!) or until batter is smooth. I used to have a cheap blender and it took longer, but now I have a really nice blender and it only takes a minute or two. The most important thing is to make sure it is well blended so that you don't have little wheat chunks in your pancake. Add remaining ingredients and blend until smooth. Pour out batter into pancakes from the actual blender jar (only one thing to wash!) onto a hot greased or Pam prepared griddle or large frying pan. Cook; flipping pancakes when bubbles form. Enjoy!
Double Chocolate Pancakes
3/4 C. Wheat Flour
1/4 C. Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
1/4 C. Sugar
1 1/2 tsp. Salt
1/4 Chocolate Chips (often we leave these out to make them healthier)
1/4 tsp. Salt
1 T. Butter-or cooked beans in my case. :)
1 Egg
3/4 C. Milk
1/2 tsp. Vanilla
Mix and pour onto a hot griddle sprayed with non-stick spray. Cook. Enjoy!
Thanks to my friends who share recipes... I LOVE trying out new recipes, especially healthy ones.
Thanks to my friends who share recipes... I LOVE trying out new recipes, especially healthy ones.
2 comments:
So glad you have enjoyed the pancakes. I'll have to give your other ideas a try. New ideas for healthy foods are always welcome.
I want the banana treat RIGHT NOW but I don't have any nuts in the house!
Yummy!
Post a Comment