





So, this trip is really worth documenting..... Let me just say that where we live there are no great pumpkin patches that we have found. They are all.... lame. I guess if you have never experienced an Ohio pumpkin patch, you would find the ones here to be satisfying- but not us. I would never go to another one, ever, if these pumpkin patches were the only ones around. Sad. The pumpkin patches in Ohio were amazing! Barns filled with hay and slides... the kids could literally spend hours just in the hay/slide filled barn... climbing all over, up as high as the roof and then sliding down the slides that were placed in all that hay, so you feel like you are sliding down a hay slide. There are huge corn mazes, petting zoos, play areas, hay rides to pumpkin patches, apple cider and fresh produce!! Love them!! Out here, not so much. I don't want to describe them, because they are so underwhelming. So.... I have a friend who moved here not too long after us, and she was also underwhelmed by the pumpkin patches out here. She moved here from a city a few hours away from here, and she told me that they had an awesome pumpkin patch there. We decided to make the long trip, we both REALLY miss great pumpkin patches! Yesterday morning, we packed up the kids (she has 2, I have 4), and we were off. We drove for THREE hours!! Olivia did not sleep at all.... too excited? I am not sure, but not one closed eye the whole drive!! We got to the pumpkin patch, and although it was tiny, it was very cute- charming. The kids LOVED it. There was a great corn maze- beautiful to walk through. The stalks were so tall and green. We were the only ones there, so we let all the kids just run and try to get lost in there. It was great.
They had a fun petting zoo, the chicken were fabulous. I can't believe that I didn't get a picture of them.... there were super fuzzy ones, ones with spiky feathers, huge ones and small ones, and they were all different colors. So cool. They had a little hay maze, a giant pumpkin play area, a lot of old antiques (including a car - Olivia was not interested in taking a picture because all of the other kids were in the hay tunnel and so she was looking at them longingly), a cool barn show, and a tractor ride to a pumpkin patch where you find the pumpkins. It was a really small pumpkin patch, but oh so cute. The ambiance was exactly what I was missing. Just the small town feel- with a ton of cute accessories everywhere.... old tractors and scarecrows and tons of decoration. The kids loved everything about it and so did I!!
After the patch (and stocking up on a TON of fresh fruits and veggies from the farm.... yummy), we headed to Chuck E Cheese.... the kids played and ate- we were trying to wear them out as it was nearly bed time. Then after 2 hours, we headed for home with 6 tired kids. Let me tell you.... not ONE of them slept!!! Not even my sleep deprived baby. It was a LONG ride home... but we made it home in 2 and 1/2 hours.... the kids fell right asleep as soon as their heads hit the pillow (sure, it was 9:45 pm, what kid wouldn't be exhausted) and I was soooo tired that I fell asleep pretty quick, too. It was a great day and a fun trip. We will probably do it again next year.
No comments:
Post a Comment