Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Soccer has begun




Soccer started the first week of September and I could not be any happier. We love soccer in this house. Travis and I are both coaching this year and we are loving our busy soccer life. The only non-soccer days at our house are Tuesday and Sunday. We are fine with that. The kids are doing so well in soccer this year. They love it and they enjoy practicing at home with dad and on the field with their teams. The nice thing about soccer is that it is such a family sport, at this point, anyway. All of the practices are at the school, which has a fun playground for the little ones to play on while the big ones practice. The practices are in the evening so Travis can come and help the coaches or play with the little ones. During the little one's practice, my two older kids get to help the coach (it helps that their dad is the coach). So he has them helping the little kids learn skills and running around. We all love it. On Saturday's we always plan on spending the whole day on the field. It is GREAT that all our games are on the same field. The field is 35 minutes away, so we usually just stay in Oakhurst all day.... between games we go to the park or the children's museum or go to a picnic lunch or the library. So much to do. This Saturday there is a Chocolate Festival going on in Oakhurst. So you can bet we will be visiting the festival between games :)
I only got pictures of Gloria's game this week (she is #3 and she is the one closest to the ball in the action shot).... I will get the other kids soon. It is all just how timing works out for me. I coach Gloria's team and Travis is coaching Grayson's team. We love it.

No comments:

Bobcat Belles, Senior Year

This is Gloria’s senior year and last year on the Belle’s. I am so impressed with her and her dedication to this team. She is an amazing ...