Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Hawk Festival






Every year our school holds a fund raising festival. We call it 'Hawk Festival". It is so much fun for everyone. It is sponsored by the PTA and raises a lot of money for computers and field trips and other things. The best part is, everyone walks away feeling like they went to a carnival and not a fund raising event. Each classroom is responsible for putting together a basket for a silent auction and also for putting together a booth for kids to come to. We have bouncy houses and karaoke and food and dunk tanks and dancing and shows. Cake walk. Hair painting and face painting. Fishing pond. Games. So much to do. It is so fun and we look forward to it every year. This year I am so excited because I FINALLY won (after 3 years of bidding on it in the silent auction) the school parking spot!!! Other than a handicap spot, it is the closest parking to the school and you get your name painted on it and no one can park there except for me!!! Whoo Hoo. It is pretty cool, especially because I go to the school every day. If you are not there before the crack of dawn then you have to park up the huge hill and far away- and when I am running with 4 kids on a chilly winter morning I will be thankful for my up front spot. I am so happy. I also won 2 framed pictures of Yosemite taken by a local photographer. They are wonderful. The lady who took them is an amazing photographer (Johnny Stafford photography) and I am so thrilled. We had a great time and look forward to doing it again next year.

No comments:

Bobcat Belles, Senior Year

This is Gloria’s senior year and last year on the Belle’s. I am so impressed with her and her dedication to this team. She is an amazing ...