Tuesday, March 18, 2014

St Patricks Day







Yesterday was St Patricks Day.  I love St Patty's Day. I usually go all out for my kids... green pancakes and green eggs. Green milk to wash it down. A fun green cookie for snack time- and dinner is more of the same... green mashed potatoes, green rolls, green jello....  we usually awaken in the morning to a trail of gold left by a leprechaun to find a prize (a pair of green socks, or a green necklace... something easy and fun).   However.... this year, I did none of it!  My kids woke up in the morning and didnt even remember it was St Patty's day (there was no trail of gold to remind them), until I told them to wear green. Then when they came down for breakfast, I had made oatmeal and the kids asked are there green pancakes or eggs? "Nope"- well, is our oatmeal green? "Sorry".  I just WAS NOT FEELING it yesterday. There seems to be a lot of that, lately. I just don't want to get things done that I normally do. Sad. however, we did all wear green, and we did go play soccer with some friends and they made some yummy dinner and a festive St Patty's Day dessert- so, it wasn't a COMPLETE loss.  We had a nice day. The weather was perfect and we enjoyed spending time with friends and family. Happy St. Patty's Day!! 

No comments:

Bobcat Belles, Senior Year

This is Gloria’s senior year and last year on the Belle’s. I am so impressed with her and her dedication to this team. She is an amazing ...